The latest episode of the new incarnation of Futurama had a nice spoof of Apple with tonight’s “eyePhone” story line, complete with a spoof Apple logo for the infamous Mom Corp.
I loved it so much, I whipped up a quick version for my desktop wallpaper, courtesy of Adobe Illustrator’s “Live Trace” feature. Here it is for your downloading pleasure in three tasty resolutions:
They’re all Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported licensed. Enjoy!
I came across a ridiculous piece of news via the ever-amusing condohype blog: Yaletown is being dubbed the “sexiest neighbourhood” in Canada. Really? I can think of at least five reasons that this isn’t the case (and yes, I’m channeling Nick Horby’s Rob Gordon here):
- Pretentious: Tiny dogs, overpriced restaurants, snotty attitudes, and waiters and hairdressers who seem to think they’re &*%$ing James Bond (where I’m using “&*%$ing” as both an adjective and a verb). Turned on yet?
- Costly: Given the cost per square foot of housing in Yaletown, you might end up doing it in the street. But maybe that’s “up your alley”, so to speak.
- Smelly: Garbage dumpsters in the street. Mmm. Sexy.
- Annoying: 1 way streets, no parking. This has no connection to sex – it’s just a bloody pain in the ass.
- Cramped: When all else fails and you can’t get laid, there’s always the Internet. Except your wireless router keeps cutting out due to interference from your eight adjacent neighbours’ own wifi networks. Guess you’ll have to exercise your imagination (and no, that’s not a euphenism).
Have I missed any? Shall we try for a Top Ten? Add yours in the comments.
Now, in the interest of disclosure, I have to say that I lived in Yaletown for three years – not because I was sexy, but rather because I was lazy. The location allowed me at one point to walk across the street to work. I have since recovered, and now live in Cambie Village.